Dr. Harry Zaphir was a professional company director, speaker and author who had over 20 years of experience in building businesses, both his own and other peoples’, by attracting, managing and retaining talented individuals, or as he called them “Bright Young Things”. Harry was also a highly regarded member of the Australian Mutual movement before his sudden and untimely passing. During his life, Harry Zaphir was a valued supporter of CUFA and the Village Entrepreneur program that helps poor villagers in Cambodia and Timor-Leste break out of poverty through microbusiness development. The Harry Zaphir Scholarship involves a 7 day trip to Cambodia valued at $3,500 to gain first-hand experience helping members of credit unions in poor communities in rural Cambodia through the Village Entrepreneur program.
- The scholarship includes a 7 day visit to Cambodia to assist CUFA’s Village Entrepreneur program in the field.
- You will help credit union members break out of poverty by helping them with their small businesses
- You will see grass roots credit unions in action
- You will have the experience of a lifetime
- Must have worked for a Mutual for more than 2 years
- Be under 35 years of age
- Must complete the application process by the due date.